Publisher: Packt Publishing | 2009 | PDF | 288 pages | ISBN: 1847195164 | 5.1Mb
Create and customize a professional Joomla! site that suits your business requirements
- Adapt your site to get a unique appearance, features, and benefits of your choice
- Save on development costs by learning how to do professional work yourself and solve common problems with a Joomla! site
- Step through how to build an effective subscription-based business with Joomla! and market a site effectively
- Understand and customize modules, plugins, components, and templates
- A precise book packed with examples and careful explanations
Setting up a basic Joomla! Web site is easy; what comes next is hard and expensive - making the site do exactly what and look exactly how you want. With this book in hand, it is easy to adapt your site to bring your vision fully to life.
This book will help you to separate your site from the crowd of other Joomla! sites without having to invest in developers. It will guide you through how to customize different parts and aspects of your site and will also show you how to turn your site into a profitable business via these customizations. You will be able to build a successful, professional web site that will adapt to all your business needs.
You will be taken beyond the basics of Joomla!, and given an insight into the techniques and tools used by the professionals to rapidly develop unique, custom sites. This will enable you to develop your own professional-quality Joomla! site without assistance, saving you time and money. You will learn how modules, plugins, components, and templates are constructed, and how to make changes in them, giving you the confidence to make more elaborate changes to your site. On top of this will be a look at common problems Joomla! site developers face and how best to deal with them.
You will also learn techniques for building a business with Joomla!, as you step through building a subscription-based web business. Towards the end, you will look at marketing and monetizing this business fully to maximize your return.
What you will learn from this book?
- Identify and use the right tools to speed up site development
- Set goals and a mission for your site to guide development
- Pick the right extensions for your site
- Plan and implement advanced configurations for extensions
- Modify extension functionality to suit your needs
- Modify extension and template appearance to suit your needs
- Diagnose and fix common problems on Joomla! sites
- Market your site, via SEO, Social Marketing, and Traditional Marketing
- Monetize your site to make the maximum return
- Build a subscription site step by step